What Our Customers Say
I couldn’t be happier with this company. The guys who came out were very professional, took their time, and genuinely cared about helping me. Thank you both so much, and will be recommending to anyone who can benefit from your services.
I can’t say enough about this company. They were amazing. I loved their work ethic. Teddy, Chris and Bradley were taught well and Mike was certainly a good example. They were efficient, thorough and very polite. I would recommend them to anyone dealing with water damage.
Van, Teddy and Brian were amazing. Came home to a house that had been pouring water for 3 days. Called the service and they were there in an hour and 15 minutes. They had all the water removed in less than 2 hours and started the drying process on a Sunday night!! They came Monday and started demolition. I was amazed at how quickly they were able to get everything up. These guys are the absolute best!! Very professional, courteous, sympathetic, punctual, and most of all VERY hard working. I couldn’t be more pleased with a company!! Highly recommend their service!!
I called Kingsley around 6:30am upon waking up to a flooded bathroom and by 9:00am they were here with a full crew to tear out damaged areas and set up drying equipment. Van, Brian and Teddy were very friendly, punctual and communicative throughout the entire process. I would recommend Kingsley without hesitation.
Not all superheros wear capes. We were in Alabama on vacation when I received a ring doorbell notification on my phone. Our water company came by to let us know approximately 25,000 gallons of water was reportedly used at our address and shut off our water. We called Mike and his team and they were there in less than an hour. When we arrived home nine hours later they had already removed the excess water, removed the flooring, and had thier equipment set up to completely dry everything. We lost most of our possessions downstairs, but gained trust and confidence in a company which is rare these days. Thank you Mike and your team for making a stressful situation a little easier to handle. Thank you Mike, Brian, Van, and Teddy for an outstanding experience!
HOW IT WORKS
The process of water damage restoration is often misunderstood, but Kingsley Water Damage Restoration in Columbia, SC, offers a comprehensive approach to manage and remediate such situations effectively. Here’s an outline of our process and answers to common questions:
Understanding the Category of Water in Water Damage Restoration
When facing water damage, the mitigation process is significantly influenced by the water’s category. Our approach is tailored to address the specific category of water involved in each case. Here’s how the category of water impacts the mitigation process:
Category 1: Clean Water
- Origin: This category includes water from sanitary sources like faucets, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, etc.
- Mitigation Protocol:
- Safety: Generally safe for humans, reducing the need for protective gear.
- Extraction: Efficient water extraction using pumps and vacuums.
- Drying: Air movers and dehumidifiers are deployed to dry the area quickly.
- Restoration: Minimal risk of contaminants allows for a straightforward restoration process.
Category 2: Gray Water
- Origin: This water contains significant contamination and can cause discomfort or illness. Sources include dishwasher or washing machine overflow, toilet overflow with urine, etc.
- Mitigation Protocol:
- Safety Precautions: Protective gear is necessary due to potential contaminants.
- Intensive Cleaning: More thorough cleaning and sanitizing are required.
- Moisture Detection: Advanced moisture detection tools are used to ensure complete drying.
- Restoration: Some materials might need replacement due to potential contamination.
Category 3: Black Water
- Origin: Highly contaminated, this category includes water from sewer backup, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, etc.
- Mitigation Protocol:
- Health and Safety: Highest level of protective gear is used to safeguard against harmful agents.
- Contaminant Removal: Aggressive cleaning with EPA-approved antimicrobial treatments.
- Extensive Drying and Ventilation: Extensive use of dehumidifiers, air movers, and ventilation.
- Material Disposal: Often, porous materials like carpets and drywall need to be safely disposed of.
Water Damage Restoration Process
- Initial Mitigation: Before reconstruction can begin, it’s essential to mitigate the damage. Our team specializes in the crucial first steps of demolition, drying, and sanitizing your home. This step is vital to prevent further damage, like structural weakening or mold growth.
- 24-Hour Emergency Services: We provide around-the-clock emergency services to address water damage promptly, reducing the risk of secondary damage.
- Proven Restoration Process: Our process is designed to handle various emergencies, from attic pipe bursts to sewage backups. Our certified technicians are equipped to handle all scenarios with professionalism and expertise.
Common Questions About Water Damage Restoration in South Carolina
- Cost and Responsibility:
- Homeowners: Most homeowners insurance policies cover emergency water damage. The insurance typically covers the mitigation and restoration costs.
- Tenants: Tenant insurance might not cover water damage, so it’s crucial to check individual policies.
- Estimation: Providing an exact upfront cost is challenging due to varying factors like drying time and material damage extent. However, we work closely with insurance companies, using the same estimating software, which generally aligns our costs with insurance expectations.
- Mold Concerns:
- Immediate mold growth after a water emergency is unlikely but not impossible. Rapid water removal and drying are key to preventing mold. We can also assist with mold testing and duct cleaning if needed.
- Insurance Coverage:
- Sudden water discharge incidents are commonly covered by homeowner’s insurance. We accept various insurance providers and work closely with them to ensure a smooth claims process.
At our Restoration Company, our focus is on efficiently halting the spread of water damage, utilizing our expertise to restore your home safely and effectively. Understanding that each situation is unique, we adapt our approach to meet your specific needs while working transparently with insurance providers to streamline the restoration process.