Finding mold growing in your South Carolina home or business can be distressing. But the decision to call a mold removal professional can be difficult. You may wonder whether the mold you see is all that dangerous. Or you may deliberate about cleaning it up yourself. The following are five factors to consider when making that choice.
Even if you can’t see mold, you can probably smell it. It’s one of the first and the clearest sign of mold growth. The smell has been described as wet socks or rotting wood. Over time, the smell will spread and get stronger. If left untreated, mold could spread to new places, resulting in a longer and more difficult removal process.
A strong musty odor means that mold spores are floating in the air and breathing them in can be hazardous to your well-being. Health problems associated with mold include:
- Allergy symptoms
- Asthma reaction
- Sore throat
- Digestive problems
Hesitating to take care of the problem will allow your nose to get used to the smell and reduce the urgency of the situation. Call Kingsley LLC right away if you suspect an unpleasant odor could be due to mold.
Breathing in mold spores may put your family or employees at risk, especially young children and the elderly. Mold can also be dangerous for people with weak immune systems, likely caused by:
- Organ Transplants
- Immunosuppressive Medications
If the mold problem can’t be addressed right away, move any at-risk individuals to a different residence temporarily. Don’t let health problems become an unfortunate side effect of mold growth in your home.
Size of the Mold Problem
If your mold growth covers 10 square feet or more, it is best to call Kinsley LLC before the mold spreads any further. Fast-growing mold will grow into drywall and it will need to be replaced. For smaller jobs, you may be able to do the repairs yourself, but be sure to do your research and properly prepare. But if you’re not comfortable tackling the job yourself, then call Kingsley LLC for quick and effective service.
Location of the Mold
Where the mold is located in your South Carolina home or business is important because it may be difficult to detect or reach for remediation and removal. The most common areas for mold to grow are where water or moisture is prevalent, such as the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and basement. But mold can also grow in hard-to-reach areas like attics, crawlspaces, and ducts, making identification and cleanup more difficult. The mold removal and remediation technicians at Kingsley LLC are skilled in finding and removing mold in hard-to-reach places without damaging your home or business. Taking on these jobs yourself isn’t recommended because they require expertise you likely don’t have.
Mold needs moisture to grow. If you have large amounts of moisture on your property, that can be symptomatic of a more serious problem. Excessive moisture often arises from hidden water damage in a structure which can quickly spread and cause damage to the property. Besides remediating mold damage, the techs at Kingsley LLC are also water damage restoration professionals and can restore and repair items ruined by water damage. By removing the source of the water damage, mold no longer can grow.
Mold derives from a variety of sources, but the upshot is that it’s harmful to your home and your health. You mustn’t wait to call the professionals at Kingsley LLC to remediate and remove the mold from your South Carolina property.